WELCOME TO ARDNAMURCHAN CAMPSITE & STUDY CENTRE
ARDNAMURCHAN CAMPSITE re-opens on Thursday 17th of April just in time for Easter weekend 2014
Ardnamurchan Campsite is situated at Kilchoan about 20 miles west of Acharacle and about 60 miles west of Fort William. It is the most westerly campsite on the British mainland about 5 miles from Ardnamurchan Point Lighthouse and visitor centre. The campsite is part of a small working croft with stunning views down the sound of Mull to Morven and Mull. The road from Salen is along a beautifully scenic, but mainly single track road. There is a direct link to Tobermory on Mull by car ferry which takes about 35 minutes.
New Price structure for 2014. All prices are for an overnight stay
- Prices are now per person regardless of the size of tent or motor home £8.00 each person over 14 years, £3 for 14 years and under (babies and under 5's free)
- Space on the camper van hook up pitches is limited, at busy times awnings are not always possible.
- There are no Electric hook ups for tents
- The site is served by a septic tank chemical toilets must not be emptied into the campsite drains.
- Electric hook up £3 each night
- There is limited free internet access, ask for the code at the office
- No charge for showers or hot water for washing dishes
Arrival any time after 1 pm. On day of departure please leave before 11 am (cars may be left in the parking area for the rest of the day if required) Please ring 01972510766 or email email@example.com for details.
BOOKING ADVISED FOR CAMPSITE IN JULY AND AUGUST
Booking is not required for small to medium tents but family groups with large tents should check in advance especially during the school holidays. Booking for campervans during May June and September is not required but is advised for July and August if a hook up pitch is required. There are no electric hook up pitches for tents. Visitors are welcome to turn up at any time during the season for single nights or longer without booking but no guarantee is given that there will be space. Owing to high demand from mid July to mid August there is a minimum booking of two nights during a weekend, no advance Saturday night only bookings during this period although visitors are welcome to turn up or to telephone for availability on the day. Single night advance bookings welcome at all other times. Pitches can only be reserved on payment of £20 deposit, payable at least 7 days in advance of the first night booking. No refunds given for cancellations within 7 days of first nights booking. There will be an administration fee of £5 for cancelled bookings if more than 7 days notice is given. Payment can be a cheque payable to "Ardnamurchan Adventure" at Bogha Caol Ard, Ormsaigbeg, Kilchoan, Acharacle, PH36 4LL or I can take a bank transfer via the internet. I can also take a card payment over the telephone 01972510766 during office hours between April and October.
All major credit and debit cards taken
On site facilities
- 4-6 Berth 2 bedroom Caravan
- 2-4 Berth 1 bedroom Caravan
- Whale Bone bothy 2 doubles
- 20 Tent Pitches
- 5 Camper Van hook up pitches
- Toilets & Showers included in the price
- Washing up area with fridge
- Access to shore
- Stunning views
- Limited but free WiFi
- Kilchoan Village (1 Mile)
- Well-stocked shop including, fuel, Calor gas (no camping Gaz), maps and fishing tackle.
- Community centre with tea-room, tourist information, sports/games facilities, WiFi
- Ferry links to Tobermory (Balamory) on Mull.
- Public boat launching facilities with adjacent toilets and showers.
- Ideal for Bird watching and wildlife watching, kayaking, sailing fishing and diving.
- Hotel and public bar serving meals
- Lighthouse & visitor Centre (6miles)
- Sanna beach (5miles)
Local Flora and Fauna
Fragrant Orchids, Greater Butterfly Orchids and Heath Spotted Orchids all flower in June on the croft and neighbouring crofts. The Early Purple Orchids flower in early June on the limestone beds near the shore to the west of the campsite. During the spring and summer there can be good sightings of harbour porpoises from the campsite also numerous otter sightings both from the campsite and nearby. Also seals, Buzzards Hedgehogs, Swallows, Pine Marten, Night Jar, Corn Crake and Golden Eagle,
What others have to say about ARDNAMURCHAN CAMPSITE
"Feel the force of the Atlantic, as well as the atmosphere, at Ardnamurchan, the westernmost campsite on the mainland of Britain. Hand-cut terraces with views across the water give the place a vibe that defies rational description."
"But the quality we spend most of our time looking for is one that can't really be explained - because it's more of a feeling or experience - of simply being in a place that makes you feel good, giving off a vibe that everything is right with the world" and "If we were to find a pigeonhole for this place, it would simply have to be the 'inexplicably special' one." COOLCAMPING Scotland
The campsite is situated about half a mile beyond the village shop (Ferry Stores). If coming from the Mull Ferry after about one mile turn left at the T junction, continue on this road until the Ferry Stores is reached. If arriving along the single track B8007, from Salen and Strontian go past the Kilchoan Hotel and continue to the Village Shop (Ferry Stores). Go past the shop and up the hill, the road goes along the hillside with stunning views on the left towards Mull. After about half a mile turn left at the blue campsite sign. The entrance is a bit steep and is not suitable for very large mobile homes or caravans. This view from Google maps is a little dated but it gives a good indication of the view across to Mull.